1. The most popular "outdoor" winter sports are ... ... ... .
2. Summer affords excellent opportunities for... ... ... .
3. Among outdoor games ... takes the first place in public interest; this game is played in all the countries of the world.
4. Among indoor games the most popular are... ... ... ... .
5. The results of chess you tournaments are ... ... by thousands of enthusiasts in different countries.
(swimming, boating, yachting; studied and discussed; football; billiards, table, tennis, draughts; skating, skiing, hockey;)
Ex. 3. Study Active Vocabulary and name:
a) as many kinds of sport as you can; b) some open-air games; c) sortie indoor games.
Ex.4. Speak on each kind of sport Ex.2.Fill in the gaps with the words given in brackets. on the list below; briefly describe. Say a few words about its advantages and attractive features:
mountaineering, rowing, yachting, hockey, tennis, basket-ball, volley-ball,-chess, boxing, wrestling, fencing, artistic gymnastics, figure-skating, skiing, skating, ski jumping, sky-diving
Grammar: The Past Perfect Continuous Tense.
|I had been working||I had not been working||HadIbeen working?|
I’d been workingIhadn’t been working
· The Past Perfect Continuous Tense.
· Inclusive: denotes an action which began before a definite moment in the past, continued up to that moment and was still going on at that moment. It is used with Ex.2.Fill in the gaps with the words given in brackets.: -since, for We had
Been climbing for six hours when at last we reached the summit of the mountain.
· Exclusive: denotes an action which was no longer going on at a definite moment in the past, but which had been in progress not long before. Outside everything was in deep snow. It had been snowing hard all night?(not at that moment)
Ex.5.Put the verb in brackets into the Past Perfect Continuous.
1. Clouds (gather) all day now rain came down in sheets. 2. “I’ am coming all right, “said Mr. Dilinger, who (shiver) for the last ten minutes. 3. I realized that he had Ex.2.Fill in the gaps with the words given in brackets. come away with me in order to discuss once more what he already (discuss) for hours with his sister-in-law.4. I slowly released a breath and only then realized that I (hold) it for some time.
Ex.6.Put the verb in brackets into the Past Indefinite, the Past Perfect and the Past Perfect Tense.
1. When I (leave )home, the snow already (stop). 2. It (be) 6 p.m. and Jack (be) tired because he (work) hard all day. 3. He clearly (listen) to our conversation and I (wonder) how much he (hear). 4.She (say) she (teach) at this school for twenty Ex.2.Fill in the gaps with the words given in brackets. years. 5.He (say) he just (finish) the book he (read) all this time. 6.The postman (come) after lunch and (bring) me a letter which I (expect) for a long time.7.It (rain) since the morning, and the fields (be) quite muddy.